GPO Witness History Terms & Conditions of Sale
All persons wishing to purchase tickets, on line, through this website do so subject to the following terms and conditions: GPO Witness History is a member attraction of Shannon Heritage Ltd.
By purchasing tickets to GPO Witness History, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and have read and agree to the use of the information you provide us with.
Once your tickets have been purchased, please note that the booking is non-changeable and non-refundable. All sales, once made, are final. The Company does not allow refunds or exchanges. This however does not, in any way, affect your statutory rights.
Please note you must have received a confirmation email from GPO Witness History (Shannon Heritage) to have a valid booking.
Please note that there are no concessions available in respect of tickets purchased or bookings made over the internet. For group bookings please contact reservations on + 353 (0) 1 872 1916
- All prices are quoted in Euro and prices are inclusive of all taxes and applicable charges. Whilst we reserve the right to increase or decrease our prices at any time before a booking is made, once the Booking is confirmed the price of your Booking as stated in the Confirmation Email is guaranteed.
- This service is only available to those persons over the age of 18. We only accept certain credit & debit cards. The following are the credit / debit cards accepted by the Company, Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Diners & Maestro To make a purchase or booking with a credit or debit card, you must hold a valid credit/debit card in your name, and or have the permission of the person or company to whom the card has issued to use the card and that sufficient funds are available to cover any and all charges incurred by you. We reserve the right to refuse your booking if your proposed payment by credit or debit card cannot be processed for any reason. It is your responsibility to ensure that the card proffered may lawfully be utilised for this purpose.
- Once purchased, your ticket must be redeemed on the date you have specified. Tickets can only be redeemed on presentation of a valid confirmation email or booking reference. Visitors will be permitted entry at the time specified on their ticket/confirmation. Entry for early or late arriving visitors will be at the discretion of Visitor Centre staff.
- As soon as practicable after booking, we will send you a confirmation email confirming the date, time and cost of your booking. Please print this and retain it carefully. It is essential that you bring this with you when you are presenting yourself / your party at the reception area..
- Your personal data will be held by Shannon Heritage Limited. We will only use your personal data as set out in our privacy statement. The Privacy Statement may be accessed on www.shannonheritage.com.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult, aged 18 years or over, throughout the visit.
- We reserve the right, in the absolute discretion of the Company and or its management or authorized staff, to cancel a booking subsequent to booking, refund payment, refuse entry on to or remove from its premises or the vicinity any person who:
(a) Has been convicted of a criminal offence, which, in the opinion of Shannon Heritage is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors.
(b) Has behaved, is behaving or appears likely to behave (in the opinion of Company staff) in a manner, which, in the opinion of Shannon Heritage has, or is, likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors.
(c) Has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace.
(d) Is, in the opinion of staff of the Company, thought to be under the influence of alcohol or other substances such that they are likely to pose a threat to the safety, wellbeing and or enjoyment of the event to other visitors, guests, and or staff of the company.
- Save as otherwise permitted by Shannon Heritage, all persons entering GPO Witness History must pay for admission. Tickets must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by any employee. Any person attempting to gain admission without a valid ticket may be ejected and the Gardaí may be called.
- In accordance with Irish Law, smoking is not permitted within this venue. This is regulated by law and the Company has no discretion whatsoever in this regard. Breach of this regulation is a criminal offence not only by the person smoking but also on the part of the Company and its staff for allowing or permitting the same. Therefore all breaches will be dealt with strictly.
- Any behaviour likely to cause annoyance or a threat to other visitors or staff of the Company or confusion of any kind is not permitted. Visitors are expected to respect and conform to local laws and customs. If, in the opinion of Shannon Heritage, a visitor is behaving in such a way as to cause danger, distress or annoyance to others or damage to property, he/she may be removed from the attraction without refund. In addition, he/she must meet any expenses incurred as a result of such behaviour. To ensure the safety of other visitors Shannon Heritage management reserves the right to carry out searches on the property of patrons.
- We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that Shannon Heritage/ GPO Witness History is open for use by visitors during normal opening hours. However, Shannon Heritage reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, whether for safety or maintenance reasons or otherwise, and with or without prior notice, to close an attraction or an exhibit or any part of it. In the event of a venue/attraction closure resulting the cancellation of a customer’s visit , Shannon Heritage will use its best endeavours to offer a refund to any visitor the cost of his or her prepaid ticket. Otherwise Shannon Heritage will have no liability whatever, including no liability for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses, in respect of closure of part or all of the Attraction.
- Other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from Shannon Heritage negligence, Shannon Heritage, its employees or agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, howsoever arising, including without limitation direct, indirect, special, consequential, exemplary, incidental or punitive damages. All guests are responsible for the care of their own belongings whilst on Company premises and the Company accepts no legal responsibility whatsoever for the same. All such electronic equipment, bags, money, cheques are brought onto the premises at the sole risk of the guest.
- No ticket may be re-sold without previous written consent of Shannon Heritage. If Shannon Heritage reasonably believes that a ticket has been resold without such consent, the holder may be refused entry to or be ejected from a the Venue without payment or compensation. In this regard the decision of the Company shall be final.
- From time to time, Shannon Heritage or other authorized parties may carry out photography and/or video recording and/or other monitoring at GPO Witness History which may feature visitors. By accepting these terms & conditions, you agree that Shannon Heritage or any authorized party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with Shannon Heritage/GPO Witness History or such authorized parties (as the case may be).
- Visitors are welcome to use all cameras, videos and other recording devices within the grounds and premises subject to law. However all such photographs and footage taken shall be for home and personal use only and not shall be sold, used or reused for any commercial purpose whether or not for gain without the prior express permission of the Company in writing. Photography is permitted for private, non-commercial use only and is permitted in all locations unless otherwise posted . No flash photography or filming permitted
- Please limit the items that you bring with you. Large baggage, including backpacks, large umbrellas and other items deemed too large or a danger to exhibits will result in denied entry.
- Please note that there is no re-entry after exiting the building.
- These terms & conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with Irish Law and any claim brought under these conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish law.
- There are no storage facilities available at GPO Witness History.
- Only food purchase in the Café at GPO Witness History may be consumed in the assigned areas.
- While GPO Witness History endeavours to make this website available 24 hours a day, we shall not be liable for any reason if the website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for any other reason. GPO Witness History does not warrant or make any representations that use of the site or the booking service will be uninterrupted or error free, that the contents will be correct accurate or reliable or that this site of server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.