visit us at the gpo
Your history. Your heritage. Live it.
Open Monday – Sunday
9:00am – 5:30pm
Last Admission 4:30pm
Closed New Year’s Day, St.Patrick’s Day,
Easter Sunday, Christmas Eve,
Christmas Day and St. Stephen’s Day (Dec 26th)
First tour starts at 9:00am. Last tour starts at 4:30pm.
Please arrive five minutes before your booked start time.
Family From €25.00
Child (0-5 years) Free
Child (over 5 years) From €5.00
Seniors (65-70) €7.50
Over 70 years €5.00
how to reach us
BusThe GPO is situated at the heart of Dublin city on O’Connell Street. It is easily reachable by Dublin Bus as well as Bus Éireann and other national bus companies. For more information visit www.dublinbus.ie or www.buseireann.ie
LuasThe GPO is a three minute walk from the Abbey Street stop on the Luas Red Line. If you’re taking the Luas Green Line, disembark at the St Stephen’s Green stop and head north towards O’Connell Street. Visit www.luas.ie
WalkingThe GPO is within easy walking distance of city centre hotels, Luas, DART, mainline rail and bus services. From O’Connell Bridge, the GPO is a short walk north along O’Connell Street. You’ll see the GPO on the left-hand side.
DrivingThe GPO is easily accessible from all main road routes. There are many public car parks nearby. Use the map below to plan your visit.
GPO Witness History
General Post Office, O’Connell Street Lower, Dublin 1, D01 F5P2. Ireland
General Visitor Information
- You can enter the exhibition at the time listed on your GPO Witness History ticket/confirmation. Please note, if you are late you may not be allowed to enter.
- Once you’ve left the building, you will be unable to re-enter.
- Photography is allowed for private, non-commercial use unless otherwise stated (however we would ask you to refrain from using flash photography).
- There are no storage facilities available at GPO Witness History so please limit the items that you bring with you.
- Relax afterwards in our Café overlooking the courtyard. Only food and drinks purchased from the Café may be consumed in the designated areas.
This iconic venue will also be available for events.
For further information Tel: + 353 (0) 1 872 1916 email: email@example.com