Education Resources & School Tours
See Irish history come to life. Breathe it
1916 Bus Tour & Visit to GPO Witness History Visitor Centre
GPO Witness History Visitor Centre and Hidden Dublin Tours have joined forces to take students on a journey of discovery through the 1916 Easter Rising and modern Irish History.
- Students will be collected from their school in a 1916 themed bus which will take them to GPO Witness History. (within a 15 mile radius of GPO Witness History).
- A school based outside of a 15 mile radius can be collected at Heuston or Connolly Stations.
- Students will step back in time on the 1916 themed bus as they listen to audio which will set the scene for their visit to GPO Witness History.
- At GPO Witness History an expert Tour Guide will describe what it was like to be in the GPO and Dublin during the 1916 Easter Rising.
- Students will also learn about the War of Independence, The Irish Civil War and modern Irish History up to the present day.1916 themed bus trip and visit to GPO Witness History
- €12 per student
For Bookings Contact
Tel: 085 2088117
GPO Witness History in Dublin offers engaging and informative school tours to students of all ages.
This highly interactive and immersive exhibition links closely to various elements of both the primary and secondary school curricula.
GPO Witness History puts students right inside the GPO in Dublin during the five days of the Easter Rising 1916 when it was the location for both the military command centre and the seat of the Provisional Irish Government.
At GPO Witness History, your students can:
- Explore the events of the Easter Week through personal stories, eyewitness accounts and historical artefacts.
- Use interactive maps to route military dispatches from the GPO to Stephen’s Green.
- Use Morse code to proclaim the Irish Republic by radio.
- Compare the life of a wealthy child in Dublin at the time to the life of a child of the tenements.
- Use touch screens to learn about the events leading up to the 1916 Easter Rising and its aftermath.
- Examine the impact the Rising had on Ireland (both North and South) and throughout the world.
- Explore how Easter Week has been commemorated over the past 100 years and share opinions on the Rising in the Commemoration Gallery.
School Tours General Information
Tour Duration: 1 hour
Tours can be adapted to meet your classes’ specific needs.
Cost: €5.50 per student
(Includes complimentary guided tour for school groups of 15 and over)
Booking is essential. Contact Central Reservations at email@example.com or Tel: 01 872 1916
Booking is essential
Contact Central Reservations at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 01 872 1916