Terms & Conditions of Purchase
These terms and conditions set out the basis on which you can purchase tickets for your visit to The GPO Witness History Visitor Centre (the “Visitor Centre”)
The Visitor Centre is managed by Shannon Heritage Designated Activity Company (the “Company”).
By purchasing tickets to the Visitor Centre, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and have read and agree to the use of the information you provide the Visitor Centre with.
The management of the Visitor Centre reserves the right at all times to refuse admission.
- Once your tickets have been purchased, the ticket is non-changeable and non-refundable. The Company does not allow refunds or exchanges.
- All prices are quoted in Euro and prices are inclusive of all taxes and applicable charges. Whilst the Company reserves the right to increase or decrease prices at any time before a booking is made, once the booking is confirmed the price of your booking as stated in the confirmation email will not be altered.
- The Company only accepts certain credit and debit cards. The following are the credit / debit cards accepted by the Company: Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Diners & Maestro. To make a purchase or booking with a credit or debit card, you must hold a valid credit/debit card in your name, and or have the permission of the person or company to whom the card has issued to use the card and that sufficient funds are available to cover any and all charges incurred by you. The Company reserve the right to refuse your booking if your proposed payment by credit or debit card cannot be processed for any reason. It is your responsibility to ensure that the card proffered may lawfully be utilised for this purpose.
- As soon as practicable after booking online, the Company will send a confirmation email confirming the date, time and cost of your booking. Please print this and retain it carefully. It is essential that you bring this with you when you are presenting yourself / your party at the Visitor Centre.
- You must have received a confirmation email from the Visitor Centre to have a valid booking if you have booked online. The Company accepts no responsibility for incorrect email or inability to deliver email. If the confirmation of the booking does not arrive on time or at all, then it you must inform the Company and ask the Company to resend the booking confirmation.
- Once purchased, your ticket must be redeemed on the date you have specified. Tickets can only be redeemed on presentation of a valid confirmation email or booking reference. Visitors will be permitted entry at the time specified on their booking confirmation.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult, aged 18 years or over, throughout the visit.
- Tickets must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by any employee of the Visitor Centre. Any person attempting to gain admission without a valid ticket will be ejected from the Visitor Centre.
- No ticket may be re-sold without previous written consent of the Company. If the Company reasonably believes that a ticket has been resold without such consent, the holder may be refused entry to or be ejected from the Visitor Centre without payment or compensation. In this regard the decision of the Company shall be final.
- Group bookings have to be made by telephone, please contact reservations on + 353 (0) 1 872 1916 during office hours.
- Please limit the items that you bring with you. Large baggage, including backpacks, large umbrellas and other items deemed too large or a danger to exhibits will result in denied entry.
- There is no re-entry after exiting the Visitor Centre.
- There are no storage facilities available at the Visitor Centre.
- DO NOT leave items/bags unattended at any time.
- Only food purchased in the food outlet at the Visitor Centre may be consumed in the assigned areas within the Visitor Centre.
- Pets or animals (with the exception of guide dogs and hearing dogs) are expressly prohibited within the Visitor Centre.
- n accordance with Irish Law, smoking is strictly prohibited within the Visitor Centre.
- The Visitor Centre reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry on or to remove from its premises or the vicinity any person who:-
- is behaving in a manner, which, in the opinion of staff at the Visitor Centre is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors, cause annoyance to other visitors, behaving in such a way as to cause danger or distress to others or damage the property;
- Has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace;
- Is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or other substances.
- In addition to the foregoing, where a person has caused damage within the Visitor Centre he/she must discharge any expenses incurred as a result of such behaviour.
- The Company reserves the right to prosecute any persons found damaging or defacing any part of the property of the Visitor Centre.
- The Company values the safety and comfort of its visitors above all. To protect you and staff, visitors and their belongings may be subject to a security screening before gaining entry to the Visitor Centre. The list below outlines the items prohibited from the Visitor Centre. This list is not exhaustive and is subject to change and amendment at any stage.
Prohibited Items include the following:
- ALL weapons, including: firearms, knives, machetes and flick knives, any items deemed dangerous, any dual-use items that could be dangerous. Pepper spray is considered a fire arm in Ireland and it is therefore illegal to have in your possession.
- All such items, if found during a search, will be confiscated and handed over to the Gardaí.
- SCISSORS, sharp instruments and tools are also prohibited and will be confiscated.
- LARGE packages. Suitcases, carry-on luggage and other large parcels are discouraged.
- Face masks and/or costumes which are designed to conceal the identity of a person are prohibited.
Changes By The Company
- Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the Visitor Centre’s brochures and other printed material at time of going to print, however the Company cannot be held responsible for printing and typographical errors, or changes in the itinerary arising from unforeseen circumstances after the material has gone to print.
- The Company will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Visitor Centre is open for use by visitors during normal opening hours. However the Company reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, whether for safety or maintenance reasons or otherwise, and with or without prior notice, to close an attraction or an exhibit or any part of it in the event of a venue/attraction closure resulting the cancellation of a customer’s visit, the Company will use its best endeavours to offer a refund to any visitor the cost of his or her prepaid ticket. Otherwise the Company will have no liability whatsoever, including no liability for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses, in respect of closure of part or all of the Visitor Centre.
Limitation of Liability
- Other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence on behalf of the Company, its employees or agents, the Company shall not be held liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, howsoever arising, including without limitation direct, indirect, special, consequential, exemplary, incidental or punitive damages.
- All customers are responsible for the care of their own belongings whilst on the premises of the Visitor Centre and the Company accepts no legal responsibility whatsoever for the same. All such electronic equipment, bags, money, cheques are brought onto the premises at the sole risk of the customer.
- The Company does not accept any liability for any damage or loss suffered by you (whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential loss, including loss of profits) arising as a result of the website or the information contained therein (including any errors, inaccuracies or omissions in such information or any faults, interruptions or delays in connection with the Website).
- From time to time, the Company or other authorised third parties may carry out photography and/or video recording and/or other monitoring at the Visitor Centre which may feature visitors. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed please let a member of staff know.
- Visitors are welcome to use all cameras, videos and other recording devices within the grounds and premises subject to law. However, all such photographs and footage taken shall be for home and personal use only and not shall be sold, used or reused for any commercial purpose whether or not for gain without the prior express permission of the Company in writing. Photography is permitted for private, non-commercial use only and is permitted in all locations unless otherwise posted. No flash photography or filming permitted
- Whilst all reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any information contained on the Visitor Centre’s website is correct, the Company gives no representations or warranties, express or implied in relation to the accuracy or completeness of said information.
- These terms & conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with Irish Law and any claim brought under these conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish law.
- While the Visitor Centre endeavours to make its website available 24 hours a day, they shall not be liable for any reason if the website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for any other reason. The Visitor Centre does not warrant or make any representations that use of the site or the booking service will be uninterrupted or error free, that the contents will be correct accurate or reliable or that this site of server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
- The 1916 bus tour is operated by an independent operator and is subject to the terms and condition applied by that operator. The Company shall not under any circumstances be liable for any personal injury, property damage or other loss a passenger incurs on any bus tour arising from acts or omissions by the operator whether or not such company is rendering any services.
- If for some reason you are unhappy with any aspect of your booking, the Company asks that you write to GPO Witness History O’Connell Street Lower, Dublin 1 D01 F5P2 or by email to email@example.com Where possible, please quote the relevant booking reference number and provide all other relevant information.
2 For 1 Mondays Promotion
- Visitors must mention the offer in order to avail of it
- The Offer is only applicable to individuals and not groups
- It cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer
- The offer is applicable when a ticket of equal or greater value is purchased i.e.you charge for the higher rate ticket if there are two different rates.
- Offer valid until February 11th 2019